Monday, June 27, 2011

waffles and new rope!

Morning all.. today was a waffle day from the second I woke up. Definitely needed some antioxidants as well. The only breakfast that met both? Blueberry waffles!

Original recipe is from here, but I switched it up a bit of course.

Ingredients:
-1 ripe banana
-2 cups water
-1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
-1 & 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
-1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp nutmeg
-package of blueberries


Method:
-heat up waffle iron so that it's ready
-mash banana and mix with water in large bowl
-place all other ingredients inside bowl and mix, leaving it a little lumpy
-fold in a bunch of blueberries, as much as you desire
-spray waffle iron on both sides
-spoon batter onto iron, and cook until golden brown


I put applesauce, more blueberries, and a tiny bit of maple syrup/agave on top, but feel free to add whatever.



Yum! Such a good breakfast. The blueberries cook nicely in the middle, and soften out a bit. Delicious antioxidants!!


In other news, I acquired a free lead rope last night! Although pink, it functions and saves me $100+
Look how beautiful she is!


I'm off to run later, and then babysit and work at the gym! Enjoy your waffles

1 comment:

  1. Told you I'd come read it. :) And now I want waffles. Looks like you are off to a good start!

    Mama Pea

    ReplyDelete