Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Reeses mixed with rain

No one told me that it rained at the end of June in California. I'm appalled at how much water is coming out of the sky right now. My hatred is subdued however, because the kids I babysit and I re-created Angela's vegan Reeses recipe. Delicious!!


Here are our modifications:

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
-3/4 cup creamy unsalted peanut butter
-3/4 cup crushed graham crackers
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 cup chocolate chips
-1/4 cup almond milk


Method:
-mix applesauce, peanut butter, graham crackers, and white sugar in a bowl
-microwave for 30 seconds, then stir
-spoon mix into molds of any sort, filling 1/2 of the way
-place chocolate chips and almond milk in a bowl
-microwave for 30 seconds, then stir
-if the chocolate isn't melted, continue to microwave for 15 seconds and stir until fully melted
-spoon chocolate onto peanut butter mix, covering completely
-freeze for 60-75 minutes, depending on size of peanut butter cups
-devour!


They were delicious! The 6th grader who disliked our last vegan creation went back for seconds... and bypassed the real reeses in doing so.

Later today I'm tackling knishes... potato, sweet potato, and spinach filling. We will see how it turns out! Hope you're enjoying your day, rainy or not. I'm off to drink a big cup of hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment