Sunday, June 26, 2011

First post

Hey all, I guess this is me kicking off my very own blog. If you know me at all you know I follow multiple blogs a day, to get vegan recipes, and to read about the lives of complete strangers. Just kidding... they actually post bomb ass recipes that I quite often recreate or change a bit. Every morning I check these blogs, almost religiously. This is just a test run to see if I want to be a blog writer or just a blog reader. We'll see what happens

Regardless.. Today I made some delicious oat bran-blueberry-banana-muffins. They were modified from some recipe I found online, which can be found at this link. Oh the glory of search engines..

Irene (older sister) and I made these for brunch, and they turned out pretty good. A little sweet for me, but for sure delicious. Here's my adaptations:

Ingredients:
-1 cup oat bran
-1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal (uncooked)
-1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
-1/4 unpacked brown sugar
-2 teaspoons baking powder
-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1 banana
-1/4 cup maple syrup/agave mix
-2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
-handful or 4 of blueberries F

Method:
-preheat oven to 425°F
-Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups
-combine all the dry ingredients in big main bowl
-In a smaller bowl, mash up banana until its mostly gooey
-Add almond milk, applesauce, and maple/agave mix to small bowl and mix
-Mix in wet ingredients to dry until mix looks delicious
-gently fold in blueberries
-scoop into muffin tins, making them pretty full. Vegan muffins (most vegan baked goods) don't expand at all
-bake for 15-17 minutes until golden brown, test with a toothpick to make sure it comes out clean
-enjoy!


I would lower the amount of sugar and or maple syrup/agave mix, since these came out to sweet for me.
No pictures since they are all gone! Of course I brought some to work to share with my co-workers, but the ones at home are gone too. We also made tofu scramble, but I'll save that recipe.

Hope you enjoyed this, hope to post again soon. I'm off to go climbing in a bit.. Tchuess!

No comments:

Post a Comment