Wednesday, July 20, 2011

farro and zip lines

My friend Emily came over last night to cook again. I had planned on making cauliflower mashed potatoes, but after some garlic overload, we basically ate some delicious farro.


farro is a high protein grain, sort of a mix between orzo and quinoa. Delicious!

Zucchini farro:

Ingredients:
-1 bag farro
-4 cups vegetable broth
-2 zucchini's
-1 onion
-olive oil

Method:
-if you can, soak farro overnight in water. If not, skip to step two.


-combine farro and vegetable broth in a big pan, and bring to a boil. Once it's boiling, lower heat until it is simmering, and cook for 20 minutes COVERED.



-stir fry cut up zucchini's and onion together, then when farro is cooked, add the vegetables to it. Add any spices you desire.



Enjoy!

this recipe is super super super easy, but so delicious. Yum!

Neither of us wanted to make dessert, so we just ate some gluten free peanut butter cereal. My favorite!


Today I went to work at 6:15, to meet up with my friend to set up a zip-line for the kids in the camp. Since she was coming so early, I made some chocolate chip pancakes for her.


I'm off to sleep, since I have to be in Berkeley by 7 AM tomorrow to set up another zip-line. I hope to take a pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment