Saturday, November 5, 2011

mini cinnamon rolls and surprises

I haven't posted in awhile, not since I was back home in California. Not much has changed here; still haven't been out to the Gunks to climb. I went out to Central Park to boulder today though.. I've been working on a v4 that I almost have. I bruised my knuckles a bit, but besides that I'm feeling pretty strong.

In other news, my stomach feels better! I've been eating gluten free for the most part, and it feels awesome.

I made mini cinnamon rolls, vegan and gluten free. They are a bit different with gluten free flour as opposed to whole wheat flour. I might change up the ingredients a bit next time. Overall, I liked them, as did people on my floor.



Ingredients:

1 cup gluten free flour
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
A pinch of Kosher salt
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/3 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons applesauce
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon








Method:
-Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Spritz a pan with some canola oil.
-Whisk together the whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
-mix in applesauce
-mix in the almond milk
-Roll out the buns dough on a lightly floured work surface. You should create a skinny rectangle that's about 5 inches by 18 inches. 
-mix applesauce, brown sugar, and cinnamon and pour on top of tough
-Roll it so that you get an incredibly long and skinny tube (so not a bit fat one). Use a knife to slice the tube into 24 tiny rolls, or leave in logs like I did.
-place rolls on pre-greased sheet.
-Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cinnamon buns are golden brown. Let cool for five minutes, then remove and finish cooling on cooling rack.

I also made some glaze out of powdered sugar, maple syrup, and almond milk. Simply mix to the desired consistency!


My surprise has something to with my ankle.. A good surprise though. I'll show you a picture next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment