Sunday, October 23, 2011

Home and climbing

I've been home for a few days, and I've basically been sleeping, climbing, and breathing fresh air. I also saw some really amazing stars. So worth the trip home, especially yesterday climbing in Yosemite. I went with my buddy Brian from the gym, and we did two routes. The first was Munginella, which is a 5.6 climb in Five Open Books. That was the best climb I've been on yet, definitely my favorite out of every route I've climbed. Beautiful view, beautiful holds, fun yet slightly challenging at places.

Next we jumped on Nutcracker in the Manure Pile (name of the rock section), but did the 5.9 variation. Crack climbing is such a painful, new experience for me, so the first pitch was the hardest. After climbing a couple of pitches, we got stuck behind some more inexperienced climbers, and had to hang out for a quite bit. We ended up passing them eventually, but we walked off when it was getting dark.

This trip was so worth the plane ticket home.. I'm back to NYC today, where there aren't amazing views like the ones below. Enjoy these pictures!












Hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment