Monday, August 29, 2011

California and Yosemite

I lied in my last post, it wasn't my final California written post! The hurricane cancelled my flight- so I'm in the beautiful Bay until Tuesday night. I'm actually quite content with this, because not only do I get four days to have a work free "real" summer, but I also had the opportunity to climb in YOSEMITE!

I went to the valley once when I was younger, but I haven't been back since. Needless to say, there are no words that can describe the beauty of this area. In honor of that- here's all the pictures I took:


View of our climb from the bottom


First pitch of After 6!


View from the first pitch


Second pitch!


View from the second pitch


View of yosemite from the top of the climb. to the right side is El Cap- although you can't see it.


More views from the top.


Brian belaying Monica up the last pitch


More beautiful Yosemite! We climbed a classic route called After Six, which is 600 ft and six pitches. It was incredible! Besides the heat and exhaustion my favorite pitch was the last because you could see the entire valley on both sides.

I know there is none of this beautiful climbing in New York City (besides the boulders in Central Park), so I'm so excited to be able to get it in before I leave. Talk to you from NYC! I'm going to go enjoy my last 2 days of summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment