Saturday, September 3, 2011

college and orange tofu!

I'M IN NEW YORK!

it's pretty awesome here.. especially since I have a beautiful kitchen. We cooked for the first time last night, but I didn't get any pictures. I made myself and a few floor-mates my orange tofu (recipe following), and mushroom stir fry. Tonight we're having a floor dinner, but I'm just making food for myself.

Here's a few pictures of New York so far


Washington Square Park!


Times Square as a non-tourist!


Times Square again!

I start school Tuesday, but tomorrow I'm going up to Columbia to meet up with my friend.

Orange Tofu:

Ingredients:
-one package extra firm tofu
-1 cup orange juice (fresh squeezed preferred)
-2 tablespoon soyakki (from trader joes)

method:
-press tofu until most of the liquid comes out
-heat pan and put olive oil in it
-mix orange juice and soyakki
-cut tofu into any sort of slice you'd like
-put single layers of tofu down on pan, brown for about 3 minutes on each side, then turn over
-when tofu is crispy, pour orange juice mix over tofu
-heat orange mix and tofu until orange juice is almost glaze-like, and covering tofu
-serve hot and enjoy!

my floor-mates enjoyed them, although two of them had never had tofu! it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment