Friday, July 1, 2011

pancakes and lead falls

There is so much to share in this post!! First, I took my first lead fall yesterday! For all that don't climb, that means basically falling 5-15 feet, with the rope clipped below you. Kind of confusing, but non-the less scary. I screamed both times I fell. Quite a thrill.

In other news, I made the most bomb pancakes this morning for Irene's "knee-surgery-recovery-menu". She said "these are the best pancakes ever," so that basically means you'll have to go and try them out.



I actually created this recipe from scratch, and my own knowledge, so hope you like them! 

Ingredients:
-1 & 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour*
-3/4 cup GROUND flax seed
-2 tbs brown sugar
-2 tbs baking powder
-1 ripe and mashed banana
-1 & 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk

Method:
-pre-heat skillet or pan to cook pancakes
-whisk together flour, flax seed, brown sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl
-mash banana and mix with the almond milk
-add the wet to the dry and whisk together
-spoon heaping spoonfuls onto greased/sprayed pan, and cook until golden brown on both sides
-feel free to add blueberries, strawberries, or any type of toppings. Chocolate chips might be delicious..

*whole wheat flour would be fine, I just prefer pastry flour since it makes the pancakes lighter and fluffier, since the flour isn't as thick or dense. 


They kind of look like hot cakes, or larger pancakes! Irene loved them, and so did I. I had to sneak in my own of course.
I smashed the sides out to make my pancake flatter, but man oh man was that good.

Later today I'm cooking with my friend Emily, after we go to a vegan "meat" market in Oakland. I'm excited for the options that they have! Expect some delicious crazy meal later on.

Also, I made my sister chocolate chip oat-bran muffins yesterday after her surgery. You can see my original oat bran muffin post on my first post. I shifted some ingredients and threw in some choco chips. Yum!


Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment