Wednesday, February 1, 2012

gluten free vegan brownies

Before I left California, I stopped at my favorite grocery store; Berkeley Bowl. If any of you live in the Bay Area, and haven't made the trip to Berkeley Bowl you are missing out. Now that there are two, it's a lot more convenient to get to. The new Berkeley Bowl is right near my work, in walking distance, so it's perfect.

Besides veggies and such, I picked up something to indulge myself with;


certified gluten free, certified vegan. I was skeptic- I'm not a big brownie lover, but I do enjoy them sometimes. This mix is made with brown rice mostly, along with other things.
I decided to try it today, since I don't have that much homework yet (I may be the only college student that never procrastinates... EVER). I opened up the package to find an inside package with huge chocolate chunks! I didn't get a picture because I was so excited! I have rarely found a brownie mix that comes with huge chocolate chunks to mix.


Even the batter looks creamy and delicious. I may even be brave enough and say it looks luscious..

One hour later (after 30 minute cook time, 30 minute cooling), going to a meeting in my dorm led by one of the biggest teen celebrities (comment if you'd like to know who!) and slicing the brownies, I was left with this;


I forgot to take a picture while they were still in the pan... but someone got to them before I even saw the whole pan full while I was at the meeting. I sliced these up to freeze them, so I can enjoy them for awhile. Before I did I tasted it, and man oh man, these brownies are GOOD! Gluten free texture, but non the less amazing. With the melting chocolate chunks, they are even better. I'm so impressed and so happy with them, that I even went to amazon and bought a six pack of their best sellers. I'm most excited for the coffee cake :).

Before I sign off and go to sleep, I'd like to say that I'm taking the Intro to Nutrition and Health class here at NYU. If you can't tell, I LOVE nutrition and looking into aspects of food. I'm almost pretty sure that this is what I want to do, but I also want to look into potentially journalism and maybe some sort of sports or physical therapy interest. You may see me talking more and more about nutrition throughout this semester. I'm very happy that I'm enjoying one of my classes here.

Also- a disclaimer- I was not contacted or talked to by "The Cravings Place"- all the opinions on my blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment