Monday, December 5, 2011

DC Part 2

Saturday night Dad and I went out to a restaurant called busboys and poets which was almost as delicious as the previous night. After a bit of a wait, we were seated. The restaurant itself was very noisy, energetic, and alive. After a quiet day in a very quiet city, it was different and interesting. I ordered the vegan pizza, and my dad got catfish. This pizza was seriously the best pizza I've ever had. I would take a train to Washington just to order this. The pizza included a whole wheat crust, garlic and olive oil sauce, daiya cheese, vegan pepperoni, onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms.




After dinner, we went back to the hotel, and I did more homework; yay college.

The next morning we got up, had breakfast, and took the subway over to the Lincoln Memorial.







Next up was the Korean War Memorial and the Martin Luther King Memorial. The MLK memorial was definitely one of my favorite things to see this weekend. It was well done, looked awesome, and really sent a powerful message.






After those memorials we walked through the mall to the Holocaust Museum. On the way we saw some other monuments;



After the museum my Dad grabbed lunch, we went back to the hotel, then we both had to leave to go back to NYC for me, and Cali for him.

Overall, this trip was awesome. I love DC- and I'm glad I went for the first time. I saw really historical awesome stuff, and ate good food. Now that I'm back in NYC it's time to focus on finals and get ready for winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment