Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Vegan at NYU 104

So I realized that I've been talking about making soup, but I never showed my sneaky techniques to doing so! Once again, the dining hall pulls through for me (surprisingly). Especially during the last few weeks of last minute projects, papers, and studying, soup is really easy to make, and even easier to eat. An added plus is, since I make it myself, there's no weird preservatives or additives such as buying a canned version.

I also can eat a side of my favorite local vegan gluten free bread, and enjoy it since I'm having my side of vegetables. The steps are so simple to making this soup, I hardly have to write them.

Ingredients:
-take out box full of vegetables and protein if so desired (or, if not at NYU- simply vegetables)
-tomato sauce (optional)
-toppings such as salt, ground pepper, diaya, nutritional yeast, quinoa

Method:
-simply boil all vegetables and protein until soft and mushy
-blend in a blender
-serve!
-make sure to keep left overs in the refrigerator until consumption

ignore the cereal in the top left corner! In my soup I had, chickpeas, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach!






This soup is not gourmet in any sense, or spectacular. For me, it's a simple way to get my daily dose of multiple different kinds of vegetables with a little protein. It's also so simple to reheat, no need to prepare a huge thing.

Last time I made this soup, I blended it, then put it back on the stove with some quinoa. I topped it off with daiya which stretches with the soup when heated :)



hope this brings some of you back to your cheap, easy, fast college years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment