Sunday, June 10, 2012

Quinoa Salad and Salad June Day 5-10

I finally switched up my salad variety after eating my generic plain salad for many many days. I went home this weekend to walk a 5K with my father, so I made a huge huge quinoa salad after going to the farmers market.


Ingredients:
-1 cup dry quinoa
-2 cups vegetable broth
-crimini mushrooms
-kale
-bell peppers
-green onions

Method:
-boil the quinoa and vegetable broth together
-throw in sliced mushrooms
-simmer the quinoa until fully cooked
-throw in chopped kale
-cool completely
-toss in bell peppers and onions





finished product! so good!
Feel free to add spices to the quinoa mix, it may jazz up your salad. I plan on eating this until it runs out.. then figuring out my next salad move. For now, it's relaxing from a long day of work.

2 comments:

  1. Ummm this looks DELICIOUS! Think I'll try and make it later this week. Tried out my clip shoes and did my initial fall. You would have been proud :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea falling hurts.. but it gets so much better after awhile :) I know you'll get it!!!! You probably already have after that crazy long miler.. :)

      Delete