Friday, January 4, 2013

green lentil soup

Happy New Year!! 2012 had its up and downs- but I'm looking forward to 2013 since I have a lot of great things planned. To start off the year right, I'm making some soup for my parents before I leave for Oregon tomorrow. Pretty simple, and could also be made in a crock pot.

Ingredients:
-Broccoli
-leafy greens
-lentils
-onion
-spices

Method:
1. chop broccoli into smaller pieces
2. wash spinach
3. boil water over stove, and throw vegetables in
4. once water is boiling, turn down heat until soup is still simmering
5. throw in 1 and 1/2 cup lentils and the onions (use any kind - even green)
6. simmer for 20-60 minutes (until vegetables are soft)
7. season with spices (garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder)
8. use an immersion blender to blend up!









No comments:

Post a Comment