-1 cup quinoa (any color)
-2 cups water
-1 onion or shallot (I used a shallot)
-1 pre-cooked beet
-a bunch of kale
-red bell pepper
-half a can of pumpkin
-spices! [I used- curry, paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, and pepper]
1. place quinoa and water in a pot and bring water to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes
2. While thats hanging out, start sautéing your onions or shallots
3. Once shallots/onions look done, sprinkle some curry powder on the onions. Add beets
4. After ten minutes of the quinoa cooking, add your pumpkin, and stir
5. Keep stirring both sides
6. Once the beets look slightly toasty, add the kale
7. Stir and let all veggies cook. The quinoa should be done around now..
8. Add the cut up bell pepper to the pot, as well as the quinoa
And.... stir! yum!
:) I now have meals for three days straight... which is perfect since I am super busy starting tomorrow morning.