Sunday, February 5, 2012

banana pear vegan gluten free pancakes

I think I've found my new favorite breakfast dish this morning..



Banana, pear, vegan, gluten free, three-servings-of-fruit, pancakes. I made these up based off memory of pancakes I made after my stomach procedure- but I added some pears that I had on hand. Here's the recipe:



Ingredients:
-1 ripe banana
-1 cup almond milk
-1 cup all purpose gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 packet truvia (or 1 tbsp sugar)
-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1 tbsp applesauce
-2 pears for topping

Method:
-mash banana and mix with almond milk
-mix in all other ingredients except pears


-turn on stove to low setting (3.5 out of 10 on my dorm stove) and place greased pan on top
-chop pears as small as you'd like, and place in batter




-pour pancake batter onto heated pan, and cook until bubbly or golden brown (or darker) on either side



Enjoy topped with maple syrup or just plain! These are a delicious way to start my homework filled, superbowl Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment