Sunday, January 8, 2012

19th birthday

Yesterday was my 19th birthday, and it turned out to be a really good day. I woke up, had Peet's coffee with my dad, got a few bike parts that I wanted, went food shopping, went out to San Francisco for lunch, met up with a friend, then went on a 12 mile hike. After all that I relaxed with my sisters. It was a really great birthday in my books.

I'm also proud to say that I hiked 19 miles in two days, Friday and yesterday in total. I think that might be the beginning of a new tradition? One mile for every year alive.

On Friday, my two sisters, my friend Erich, my sisters friend Chris, and I all hiked at Pt. Reyes. We did a seven mile hike that was absolutely beautiful. I may actually go back there this week to camp with some friends. Here are the pictures of my first trip, complete with the funniest picture of my twin and my friend Erich- who have the exact same facial expression. I love the green, the trees, and the way the California sun shines.













The next pictures are of our night hike around Lake Chabot, which is a lake near where I live. We ended up hiking 12 miles although the actual loop around the lake is only 9. Since the moon was so full it was awesome!





I'm off to go see if I can borrow a bike for the next two weeks I'm home- since I want to kick off my 2012 miles, but also it's a great way to get around. I also bought myself a birthday present.. which I hope to use on my next camping trip.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment