Tuesday, October 18, 2011

gluten free reeses and California!

I'm going home tomorrow to California!!! Although it's sunny and beautiful here in NY, it's even more sunny and beautiful in California. On Saturday, I believe I'm going to Yosemite to get on some real rocks.. I am so excited I can't even begin to explain...

Before I left, I wanted to make my suite-mates something to nom on while I'm gone for 4 days. I keep telling them that I can make reeses, so I ended up doing it. I've made reeses before on my site, but these are gluten free.

I got inspiration from something I found at whole foods the other day..


It is in fact vegan, but not gluten free. I know I can make better, especially since I've made it before.

Ingredients:
-1/4 cup applesauce
-3/8 cup unsalted peanut butter
-3/8 cup graham crackers (gluten free)
-1 packet truvia
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-2 tablespoons chocolate milk (soy milk)


Method:
-smash graham crackers into the smallest pieces you desire, or into crumbs.


-add applesauce, peanut butter, and truvia


-Mix well


-press into a muffin tin, or any mold


-mix chocolate chips with soy milk, and microwave for 45 seconds, or until they are melted. Mix, and spoon over peanut butter mix.


-Freeze for at least 2 hours, or until hard.

Enjoy!

I'll post next from CALIFORNIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment